Wednesday, August 17, 2011


I was looking back at some of my old posts and realized I had posted for my daughters birthday but quit before my sons. Brandon turned 10 years old on Sunday. I honestly cant believe how big he is. I drop him off at the intermediate school in the mornings and I keep thinking "you're too little for this big school". I asked him the other day as we were headed there if he missed elementary school and he replied in usual Brandon speak, "no I'm ready to transition".

The problem is I don't think I am. I miss my little bubba, which by the way he has asked us not to call him in public but I will forever anyway. I miss the little him running around, peeing in the front yard, and throwing rocks through the neighbors van window.

That's crazy I know but I still miss that boy. Fortunately he is growing into the most amazing, caring, unselfish, giving person I have ever seen besides my Dad, which one day he will understand is a complement. I love him with all my heart and am sooooooooooo proud of that kid.

1 comment:

  1. I just don't understand.
    First Melip, now you?

    It's like my whole world must be realigned. I thought you'd given up on us forever!

    Despite your bad guy reputation, you seem to be pretty squishy under there, Derek. You're a good dad.

    your buddy, MaRetard.

    P.S. I still haven't forgiven you for the Disneyland trip. Amen.

    ReplyDelete