Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm Crazy

We just started a cooking club at work, I have to be crazy to want to do this. The club is for about ten of the youth in the treatment program where I work. My job is to teach them how to cook. It should be pretty fun to have a bunch of teenagers in a program running around with knives right?

From time to time I will either post recipes or pictures, or both of some of the things we try making. If anyone decides to try the recipes, let me know how they turn out. The first one up is creamy carrot soup. Here is the recipe courtesy of the book Food Matters. If you really like the taste of carrots, this ones for you.

Creamy Carrot Soup

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion chopped
1 1/2 lbs carrots chopped
1 large potato peeled and chopped
salt and pepper
6 cups vegetable stock (or chicken broth which I used)
1/4 cup parsley

Heat oil and cook carrots and potato until soft
add stock and cook for 15 min. Use a blender to puree the soup mixture. When creamy and no chunks are visible, return to heat to warm. Add parsley just before serving. Serves 4-5

There you go, our first recipe, remember if you try it, let me know what you think. The kids aren't fans of carrots but I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment