Thursday, September 10, 2009

Training Has Begun

As you may have noticed, the name at the top of my blog here has been changed with the addition of a couple letters. So to let you all know, I have been caffeine and soda pop free now for almost a month. I still crave the Diet Coke, but I have a purpose for doing such a crazy stunt.

I am now in the final month of my "no-training marathon training plan", and have started to look for any advantage I can find other than actually running to help me prepare for the 26.2 miles of fun coming up on October 3rd. If its any consolation, I have endured months of grueling mental training that I hope will be of some benefit during the race.

I have come to the realization that I will be going slower than last year which will actually be difficult to pull off in itself, but that's what you get when you don't train until September and then rely on the training plan that only includes the stoppage of soda and caffeine, one of which was the main reason I finished the thing last year.

In all actuality I have just now started to run with the help of a used treadmill my sister donated in an effort to keep me from scaring others on the road, so I will keep you informed on how the training is going. Who knows maybe I will take the Blackberry on the road during the race and post from there, that might be fun. I would just have to edit it well before sending.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations on the whole pop thing... and the whole running thing?... sounds sick and twisted to me, but if you post from the marathon that would make us so happy. please share the pain!

    ReplyDelete