Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Contest - Day 1

As the family drove around looking at the lights tonight, we made the decision to change the contest slightly. Instead of just one picture a night we will post the best and worst of the day. Our best and worst may differ from yours so go ahead and comment either way.

The first one here belongs to one of my four loyal readers, unfortunately when we knocked on her door to ask permission she confessed that she hadn't actually read my blog recently and was unaware of the contest. I thought about demoting her from the ranks of my loyal readers, but lets face it, when your readers amount to less than you can count on one hand, you can't afford to be too picky or demanding. So here is her house, the best of the day, along with my idea of decorating (did I mention I loath hanging lights) that qualifies as our worst of the day.

First of all we have our favorite of the day. My wife saw this and called it the mullet, business in the front, party in the back. Just plain awesome! Because, lets face it who doesn't appreciate the awesomeness of a mullet in any form? Congrats Trina, you're our favorite of the day.

Business

Party

Second we have the single or lazy guys style of decorating. Why waste all that time hanging lights? You just take them back down anyway right? Instead lets just put a couple festive colored light bulbs in place of the normal ones above the garage and viola, done with the decorating.


2 comments:

  1. I'm your first comment so can I be re-instated to the ranks of the loyal readers? I promise to do better!

    Jon always did want a mullet. I think you made his dreams come true!
    Thanks for picking our house as the favorite of the day. I never thought it would happen to me. (sniff, sniff, fanning of the face) Good thing you didn't come by last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mullet?!?!?!? Muh-ha-ha!!! Just so you know, Jon once had the mullet pony-tail growth thing as a child. So this fits. This fits well. It's not my favorite, though. It will never be my favorite unless I see my temple-sqare worthy roses up there.

    ReplyDelete